This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Crashing and Network Problems AFTER 167 OTA!!!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, this issue has been shared by multiple users and I haven't seen any assuring replies that it is being worked on. The issue is that the phone has started randomly crashing out of nowhere in no particular situation. It's been twice that the phone has crashed while I was sleeping. After crashing the phone attemps to reboot but is stuck in the reboot logo for 2-3 attempts (The "Powered by Android" and "Asus" logos, you know that the current attempt is successful once you see those bouncy dots underneath Asus logo). Secondly, sometimes the WiFi and Network keep connecting and disconnecting again and again very fast. 
These two issues are being constantly reported by so many users, all of them with the added fact that "This issue started after 167 update" so please don't tell me to go to a service station as this is very clearly a software issue. I've read reports of a couple phones eventually dying after crashing randomly for 3-4 days. I feel like my phone has this time bomb too. Please fix this issue before more phones die out of ignorance

Here's the bug report : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hzMebc4QyrGqeiSC34w1YVtqSogoQt1/view?usp=drivesdk
29 REPLIES 29

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Any information on what "which only some units" refers to?  Any sort of SN# or production range to know if it is safe to run the 167 OTA?  I literally bought the phone this morning and now am seeing this HW error on these forums.  Probably safer to just cancel the order the way this is looking.
Hi, 

We have stopped .167 FOTA and users should receive .174 directly instead.
You may manually do this step by downloading the Update file here;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.174-1.1.1-user.zi...

Br
CH

kas_malaquias
Star I
I received this update and my phone is unusable, hangs and restarts at all times. Especially when opening the camera. But my problem has an aggravating, I bought the device in Portugal when I was on vacation, but I live in Brazil. Not even released zenfone 6, what do I do ?? I will be without phone and with the damage ?? It's a lack of respect for the consumer .. and this model is the Asus's flagship.

chrissfoot
Star II
I'm really sorry but the solution to this issue is to contact the service center. The .167 update triggered a motherboard malfunction which only some units have had and it's natural that their owners find their way here.
"Fixing" it with software would only cover up a hardware related issue which will most likely popup later with some other update. You will get a new motherboard when you send it in and I'm sorry you were one of the affected people. You can discuss how to solve this as smoothly as possible with your service center.
I have this issue, my phone is actually completely dead now. Asus support have told me I have no warranty on the phone and I have to pay for a repair because I bought it from another country. How can that be fair when i've had it less than a month and it's a manufacturing defect?

misc_mukund
Star III
i have 174 firm ware but my phone is also going blank and goes into boot loop many times. as someone said unless the dts symbol comes it means boot loop continues. i got a email from support to try wipe cache but i am not able to go to that screen pressing volume down and power. is there any other way to wipe cache and see. altertively they are saying do a factory reset. but that means i need to set up the phone again. seems to be a big pain. the service centres in chennai, india arent picking up the calls even

_jis_
Zen Master III
The .167 update triggered a motherboard malfunction which only some units have had and it's natural that their owners find their way here.
"Fixing" it with software would only cover up a hardware related issue which will most likely popup later with some other update.
I understand that you do not want to mask HW problem with SW patch.
CH_ASUS said:
We have stopped .167 FOTA and users should receive .174 directly instead.
But what you actually did seems to be the opposite. You stopped 167, which caused HW to suffer, and quickly released 174, which probably does not. So probably a good number of users who skipped 167, still have a ticking bomb in their ZF6 that didn't get the chance to show up with version 174.