This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone audio from wrong speaker

guntherguerra
Star III
Whenever I recieve a phone call the callers audio comes out from the bottom speaker. I need to toggle speaker ON/OFF for it to come out the correct speaker.

I just upgraded to Android 10. 8/256gb US model

I have done basic troubleshooting. Power cycle, safe mode, clear cache on phone app. Etc

Any other suggestions?
69 REPLIES 69

mcanders041190
Star II
Having the same issue calls randomly reverting to speakerm. With default dialer and Hangouts for me.

waxx1ne
Star II
Can confirm .121 did not fix. I think as of last update, actually turning on the speaker makes it so the other end can hear you properly when it defaults to speaker.

mcanders041190
Star II
Anyone else having the issue still? It is so random that I could have a normal phone call with someone then 5 minutes later I'll talk to someone and the sound is coming out out the speaker and not the ear piece. So I tell the person I'll call them back clear my cache and storage for the phone app and call them and it doesn't work. I do it a second time and it might work. It seems to be more aggressive recently.

Hoping for a solution soon...

guntherguerra
Star III
According to Asus rep on this thread, the next FOTA should fix it. whatever comes after .121, date for that is unknown

MercStrix
Star I
Hey there. Even I started getting this issue just after the latest update .133. It wasn't there before. I'm using the Indian variant of the Zenfone 6(6Z).