This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance loss on Android 10

Mr_Doge
Star III
Since the android 10 update, I have noticed a serious drop in performance that happens by period.
The phone runs smoothly for several hours, and sometimes (once or twice a day) it gets really slow for 10 to 20 minutes. Switching between apps takes several seconds, rotation too and the response time when clicking is a lot longer than usual.
This seems to happen in any app ( youtube, chrome, Instagram...) and without doing a heavy task like launching several large apps at a time. I also didn't install any apps since the update.
Another issue is that RAM management is way more aggressive, nothing stays in ram for mor than a few hours, while before I had pretty much all the frequently used apps in memory at all times. In the mobile manager, I noticed that ram use never goes past 4.5gb (6gb model) while it was always at 5.5 on Pie. This gig seems to make a big difference. I updated last week so optiflex should be working normally by now.
I would like the dev team to work on that, because these issues are not normal for a flagship phone.
I'll also throw some bugs I noticed since 10:
- Sometimes the recent apps takes me to a random app instead of the latest one used.
- Power master constantly shows the notification saying that an app is using battery in the background when using a music app (didn't do that before).
- Sometimes swiping down on the home screen and/or on the fingerprint scanner to go to the notifications doesn't work
- Using split - screen still shows the 3-button navigation bar instead lf using the gestures.
Thank you guys if you can work on this.
15 REPLIES 15

Mr_Doge
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28306#Comment_28306

People have been having various random issues that were mostly all resolved by a factory reset. For those that weren't we're investigating what's happening on a case by case basis.

I'd be happy to log your phone now if you want, but a factory reset really seems like the most painless option. It might take a few weeks to hear back from a phone log investigation. Do you want to deal with this for weeks before attempting a factory reset?

View post
Thanks for your answer. Right now it's been two days since the last reboot and no real performance degradation. The issue may be solved! I guess i'll have to factory reset if it is not...