This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck in One-hand Mode Tutorial

Yuntian
Star III
Please see the video. I have enable Android 10's gesture control as someone said that was the issue. My phone is US version.
https://youtu.be/b8e5JwS2mwo
I first encountered this issue with Version WW-17.1810.1910.63. I have flashed .68's OTA and it doesn't help. I can't really wipe my phone as my phone has 1 irreplacable authenticator.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shiv1g
Rising Star I
Even i got stuck two days ago but, I quickly found pretty easy solution for it.
All you need is a Mouse ( wireless or wired ) and a OTG cable. Follow the video down below and everything will be back to normal.
I will highly recommend to Turn off double tap home key gesture to enable One Hand Mode in Advance settings until this bug is fully fixed.
DG8MRWP1X1TH.jpg
0J48DGLPFKPH.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11GBsGgixOpnh5YScOB1MylE74MvyoC1w/view?usp=drivesdk
(Try to right-click near the right side status bar corner.)

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

cobben
Rising Star I
This seems to be a way to soft-brick your phone.
If you have gestures enabled, and try to enable one-hand mode for the first time, then you become trapped in the one-hand tutorial, with no way to exit.
Rebooting does not help.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've never seen this before. What happens if you only press the power button? Will you see the restart button?
Have you tried the wipe data/factory reset option?

wai_hon_leong
Star I
Anders_ASUS

I've never seen this before. What happens if you only press the power button? Will you see the restart button?

Have you tried the wipe data/factory reset option?

View post
OP said he can't really wipe his phone and straight off, you suggested wiping his phone. ?

evnchn
Rising Star II
If you happened to have adb turned on you may try fiddling with that, otherwise there isn't much to do other that updating the phone in recovery. It is also not a good idea to grey out the screen in tutorial more and not have the grey out area act as exit, something to bear in mind for other system apps that might have tutorials.