This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Text Messages While Zenphone 6 (US) Is On Airplane Mode OR Turned Off OR Has No Signal

hillmnbvexs
Star II
Title says most of the problem. When my phone has no signal whether it be from the phone being turned off, airplane mode, or just lack of signal entirely I don't receive about 75% of my text messages.
I use Metro PCS and never had this issue on Verizon with my old LG V10. I called the carrier and had them do a network reset, factory reset the phone and tried different texting apps to see if maybe they would solve the problem, but alas to no avail. It was only once I got this phone I started having the issue. I've ruled out it's likely not the carriers fault, but rather a software or hardware related issue.
When I woke up this morning and turned on my phone it said I had a missed message, but when I went to my texting app there was no text there, and I messaged a friend to realize it was her who had texted me. So the phone seemed to of acknowledged there was a text, but then it didn't populate in the list of texts.
Do any of you have this problem? Have you solved it?
10 REPLIES 10

Kamil
Rising Star I
Like you don't get text after you turn off airplane mode? Did you check that on other devices or sim cards from another network 😛 ?

hillmnbvexs
Star II
Right. Airplane mode, phone is off, or lack of signal will cause the texts to not come through in more cases than not.
Didn't try other networks or other devices, but I know that my old V10 on verizon had no problem with this.
When I woke up this morning and turned on my phone it said I had a missed message, but when I went to my texting app there was no text there, and I messaged a friend to realize it was her who had texted me.

Kamil
Rising Star I
Maybe you can test that on another message app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra&hl=en_US to check if it is asus app or something is quack up deeper.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
hillmnbvexs

Right. Airplane mode, phone is off, or lack of signal will cause the texts to not come through in more cases than not.

Didn't try other networks or other devices, but I know that my old V10 on verizon had no problem with this.

When I woke up this morning and turned on my phone it said I had a missed message, but when I went to my texting app there was no text there, and I messaged a friend to realize it was her who had texted me.

View post
First time I hear about this and it does sound weird but it is possible that there is some sort of compatibility issue with your carrier. I will send you a PM with instruction on how to log your device