This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update (137) is making the device hot and battery is draining super fast

jaibalaji2020
Star III
Is anyone else facing the issue? It seems like many are going through reddit and Facebook forums. Asus, can you please investigate and fix this?
48 REPLIES 48

jaibalaji2020
Star III
Anders_ASUS

So far, what we can see regarding the battery draining is that it's facebook's system services (not the ones you can see in all apps) that's causing this and it happened with their latest update. It can be triggered by both Facebook and the FB Messenger app. Force stopping them may not be enough (we're not sure yet).

The most efficient way of making sure that those services are indeed killed, is to uninstall both facebook and messenger so they revert back to factory version.

We are aware that these version are old and that it might not be an alternative for some of you but I just wanted to keep you up to date as we continue our investigation in this matter. Hopefully we will have a better solution soon.

View post
I can confirm this. I tested a while day without Facebook app and battery lasted very long.
XIS496WZBWS0.jpg

heyoka
Rising Star II
m4n15h.r4w4t

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49641#Comment_49641

Not jumping on the gun right now but I do see an improvement in the battery after yesterday's update of Facebook (262.0.0.34.117) and Messenger (255.0.0.14.126) app.

View post
Right no more battery drain, i'll tell you about charging time when I'll plug the phone...

heyoka
Rising Star II
Charging time : 59% previsional time: 3hours to reach 100%

heyoka
Rising Star II
Rectification for the moment all is ok, I won 18% (59%to 77%) in 23 minutes and it says one hour before end
Perfect!

jimo1921
Rising Star I
m4n15h.r4w4t

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49641#Comment_49641

Not jumping on the gun right now but I do see an improvement in the battery after yesterday's update of Facebook (262.0.0.34.117) and Messenger (255.0.0.14.126) app.

View post
I have had this apps upgrade but can't confirm better energy management.
U52BPICRE7LR.jpg
Now I've uninstall both (FB&msg} and check if it the way to fix battery bug.

But anyway still waiting for Asus fix.