This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update (137) is making the device hot and battery is draining super fast

jaibalaji2020
Star III
Is anyone else facing the issue? It seems like many are going through reddit and Facebook forums. Asus, can you please investigate and fix this?
48 REPLIES 48

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
The last picture i posted is not from my phone! Mine is the one in previous post! The last one which shows that is remaining 1 day battery with 1 day usage is one that i found online from a reviwer amd which amazed me and made me buy this phone 15 days ago!
The choice of waiting to see the feedback from others users and then updating yourself is the wisest in my opinion so bravo to you! I try to do the same but couple of days ago my phone took the upper hand, updated and restarted several times by itself! Now i have to teach it some respect not to do such things again! (Owner must train them right while they are young!)

kk454347
Rising Star I
johnCforVTS

The last picture i posted is not from my phone! Mine is the one in previous post! The last one which shows that is remaining 1 day battery with 1 day usage is one that i found online from a reviwer amd which amazed me and made me buy this phone 15 days ago!

The choice of waiting to see the feedback from others users and then updating yourself is the wisest in my opinion so bravo to you! I try to do the same but couple of days ago my phone took the upper hand, updated and restarted several times by itself! Now i have to teach it some respect not to do such things again! (Owner must train them right while they are young!)

View post
ah ok, if anything maybe try and not using viber and see if theres a difference after you've charged your phone since it took 20% of your batteries usage, which seems to be alot. thats strange your phone updated by itself though

jaibalaji2020
Star III
Can someone please tag Asus developers or service?

heyoka
Rising Star II
The biggest problem for me isn't battery drain even if I noticed it drains faster but it's the charge! Yesterday I was at 30%, some hours after I was at 65 and Kaspersky battery life indicated 5hours30 before complete (5h30 to go to 65%to100%,!!!)
I stopped the charge at 79% approximately 2 hours after!
Before the problem I won 1% every two minutes approximately
I was completely satisfied of charging time before but now it's horrible!
I noticed if I power off the device my charging time is good

This morning it says at 68% 2h20 until end of charge...
Edit it seems to be better this morning, now a few minutes after my 68% it's 71% and 1h34... Sometimes it works better! I don't understand what happens
Edit at 8h20am 71% 1h34
At 8h39am 77% 1h25 to reach 100%

jkacey
Star I
I acknowledge, even I am facing the same issues - Slow Charging, Battery Draining Fast and Device gets heated-up.
Can some one please suggest a remedy for this, thanks.