This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fear to update my Z6 due to ongoing motherboard failure issue

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
I am loving my z6 but in fear that it may stop working anytime due to genenius Asus engineers. A motherboard failure in any phone is hard to do asus proved that it is very easy and any stable fota update can break your phone. No doubt phone is good but asus is killing me. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS u guys are awesome and supporting us with answering all our doubts. can anyone of you inform us how can we check that our phone is safe or are we on mercy of god and any updatr can break and make our phone dead? I know it is not 1000usd phone but even a 50usd phones dont break like z6 is breaking. if your stable update can break motherboard then what beta will do??? This is serious quality issue from asus. I am feeling like z6 is manufactured to be break one by one after each update. I love updates but after z6 hardware issue i always pray not to have any update. Hope u will understand our issue and clearify us if my z6 is safe and will be safe in future updates as well?
All 2019 flagship are preparing to get android 10 and z6 still fighting with call quality and worst hardware failure issue with each update someone report that their device broken.
#I DONT WANT TO BREAK MY Z6
36 REPLIES 36

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Is anyone updating their phone with full firmware rather than OTA ?
and if so, will the phone behave strange ?
I feel this is better option than updating over the air
please let me know if anyone faced board failures even after updating full firmware, as I'm waiting eagerly to get one more 6z for myself ,

raju_cybertec
Star III
Asus 6z is good phone by its specifications but hardware is cheap quality. Many people facing motherboard issue think if you update your phone then it may crash motherboard.everytime I afraid to update regular security update. So I think asus developer what they doing like layman.
Asus 7 and Rog3 is good phone but surely I say upcoming 2-4 months many customers will face again motherboard and hardware issue.
I can't trust on asus. Think twice before investing money for asus phone.