This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double tap to turn off display

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Ok, I will admit this is picky and maybe it is just me. I often have to try 2-4 times double tapping on the status bar to get the screen to turn off. It often will activate the notification shade to drop down on the first tap and then the second tap is ineffective. I've tried using the top right corner vs center etc but all the same. The last device I had offered the same function but I only rarely had that issue. Maybe it is just me? Not the biggest issue in the world, obviously but just wanted to throw it out there in case there is some way to adjust the sensitivity of this in the firmware in the future to make it more reliable.
17 REPLIES 17

_jis_
Zen Master III
As a workaround, you can use this gesture above any empty place on the homescreen, if you have any empty place of course 🙂

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

As a workaround, you can use this gesture above any empty place on the homescreen, if you have any empty place of course 🙂

View post
I think just on stock launcher. I use Nova, but thanks for the tip.

_jis_
Zen Master III
@VS-KR
That's why I personally use this
A use the Nova launcher myself. I used these two gestures for that: two finger rotation clockwise and anticlockwise, both of which I set to the screen lock. These gestures work seamlessly anywhere on the home screen (above any icons or widgets, no problem).

survivor303
Rising Star II
I dosnt even know that this is a built-in feature 🙂
I use Microsoft launcher and it need special privileges to work with douple tap for empty homescreen to lock the screen.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I think I've found that if I tap the status bar veeeery gently, it more reliably works as intended. As if I tap harder the larger surface area that my finger makes instead activates the notification shade. Maybe that sensitivity can be adjusted. But I have started to adjust to it a bit.