This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke Screen - How To Get It Repaired?

mattalhonte
Star I
Dropped my phone and the screen is cracked. Trying to figure out how to get this fixed.

I tried going to an Authorized Repairer but, after saying on the phone that they could fix it, said they only fixed notebooks. He did give me a number to call and said that Asus would send a me a replacement and then I'd send them the broken phone. I called, but they said I'd have to send them the phone, have to wait 7-10 days, and that they wouldn't tell me the price until I'd already sent it. Which obviously is unacceptable on a number of levels.
Tried livechat on the site, but they said that since I got it on ebay from a Taiwanese dealer that I couldn't use US support. Is there a Taiwanese support site in English? If I have to deal with Taiwanese Asus, hopefully that won't take a crazy long time?
If official Asus support isn't gonna happen, does anyone know of a 3rd party repairer near NYC that fixes these? The ones I found seem to only fix Apple and Samsung.
Failing that, is there another phone out there with a comparable battery?
6 REPLIES 6

Kamil
Rising Star I
Well, you broke it. They should have known price on-screen replacement like any other company but i have a feeling that Asus is a very special one... so either you sent them a phone or you use some third pt service or you just buy screen probably shipped from china and w8 a month and do it yourself. 
idk any other sources for zenfone

witrigs .com /oem-screen-replacement-for-asus-zenfone-6-zs630kl

or just hit aliexpress

and why I can't put normal links on this forum but bots can spam them all night long xD

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
mattalhonte

Dropped my phone and the screen is cracked. Trying to figure out how to get this fixed.

I tried going to an Authorized Repairer but, after saying on the phone that they could fix it, said they only fixed notebooks. He did give me a number to call and said that Asus would send a me a replacement and then I'd send them the broken phone. I called, but they said I'd have to send them the phone, have to wait 7-10 days, and that they wouldn't tell me the price until I'd already sent it. Which obviously is unacceptable on a number of levels.

Tried livechat on the site, but they said that since I got it on ebay from a Taiwanese dealer that I couldn't use US support. Is there a Taiwanese support site in English? If I have to deal with Taiwanese Asus, hopefully that won't take a crazy long time?

If official Asus support isn't gonna happen, does anyone know of a 3rd party repairer near NYC that fixes these? The ones I found seem to only fix Apple and Samsung.

Failing that, is there another phone out there with a comparable battery?

Broke Screen - How To Get It Repaired?
You're located in New York? But you bought the phone from a Taiwanese reseller? Most likely you do not have warranty coverage in the US, although a drop would not be covered in warranty either.
We (ASUS US Support) can definitely fix the phone for you, but it might cost a fair amount out of pocket. The final quote would be provided by the repair center. If you'd like me to get an RMA created for you, respond to this post and I'll send you a PM.

mattalhonte
Star I
Sure, send me a PM please.

mattalhonte
Star I
So just send it in and get a mystery bill? Double-checking that this is even legal.
twitter.com/MattAlhonte/status/1215046180067061767