This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke Screen - How To Get It Repaired?

mattalhonte
Star I
Dropped my phone and the screen is cracked. Trying to figure out how to get this fixed.

I tried going to an Authorized Repairer but, after saying on the phone that they could fix it, said they only fixed notebooks. He did give me a number to call and said that Asus would send a me a replacement and then I'd send them the broken phone. I called, but they said I'd have to send them the phone, have to wait 7-10 days, and that they wouldn't tell me the price until I'd already sent it. Which obviously is unacceptable on a number of levels.
Tried livechat on the site, but they said that since I got it on ebay from a Taiwanese dealer that I couldn't use US support. Is there a Taiwanese support site in English? If I have to deal with Taiwanese Asus, hopefully that won't take a crazy long time?
If official Asus support isn't gonna happen, does anyone know of a 3rd party repairer near NYC that fixes these? The ones I found seem to only fix Apple and Samsung.
Failing that, is there another phone out there with a comparable battery?
6 REPLIES 6

CyBorg
Star I
Im having the same issue, bought it from a reseller in Chicago off newegg literally 15 days ago I'm located in Arizona and can find no one to fix it anyways I can do this as well? Has the warranty outside of us

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
CyBorg

Im having the same issue, bought it from a reseller in Chicago off newegg literally 15 days ago I'm located in Arizona and can find no one to fix it anyways I can do this as well? Has the warranty outside of us

View post
If your unit is warrantied outside of the US, you will have to send it to that region for warranty Support. Please contact ASUS Support in that region.
You will need to pay for shipping to and from that region, and you will also need to pay for the repair. (Since you dropped it and broke the screen)
We have clarified our policies since I spoke to mattalhonte, and we no longer repair out of region phones in the US. In the past I would make the RMA here in the States.