cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenfone 6 update.

apple56berry
Star II
screenshot-20210112-123105474-1.jpg

So I wanted to ask one thing. I just got this update notification. And before I update. I wanna know the second point in that. It says I need to back up data. So what does that entail. What all do I need to back up ? Like my FB messenger chats, whatsapp data ? And other stuff. I have lots of images on my phone, lots of screenshot, lots of data. Do I need to back up all that ?
1 REPLY 1

_jis_
Zen Master III
Read these three FAQ:

FAQBot

Data that can be backed up/restore:

1. Contacts (not including content stored in Google accounts or SIM card)

2. SMS

3. Call log

4. Chrome browser bookmarks (not including content stored in Google Accounts)

5. Photos

6. Videos (not including files that are encrypted by third-party applications to prevent copying, such as Netflix)

7. Music (not including files that are encrypted by third-party applications to prevent copying, such as KKBOX)

8. Audios (only back up files in ASUS built-in Sound Recorder and Call recording)

9. Other document files, including compressed files, PDF, Microsoft Office, APK

10. System settings, including home, contacts, call, ringtones, clock, weather

11. Some third-party apps and data

Data that cannot be backed up:

Third-party apps

1. Google service related apps

2. X-brand phone's built-in apps

3. Apps that are duplicated using TwinApps, such as duplicated Facebook

Apps data

1. If the app itself cannot be backed up, it's data can't be backed up too

2. If the app itself prohibits the system from backing up data, such as Sogou input method or LINE's device-bound data

3. Data stored in cloud

4. User's login data with safety certificate

5. Disabled apps

6. Apps tested by ASUS that are found to behave abnormally after being restored, and labeled as unbackupable apps, such as Fubon Bank mobile app

7. Android Instant Apps

Note: This knowledge is currently only applicable for ZenFone 6. Please stay tuned for further updates on our Official Website.

[Phone] What data can I backup/restore with "Local backup"? What data cannot be backed up?
[Phone] How to use [Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global