This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Insulting the most popular mod won't give you anything, especially credibility or respect. He's working for ASUS but he's not a developer. This community really starts to get more and more salty towards everyone.

prashanth
Rising Star II
ColorSage

Insulting the most popular mod won't give you anything, especially credibility or respect. He's working for ASUS but he's not a developer. This community really starts to get more and more salty towards everyone.

View post
That's right...atleast let them give a reply first
Insulting is not gonna do anything

prashanth
Rising Star II
But a satisfactory reply is expected frommods too

evnchn
Rising Star II
(No foul language, using weak words to deliver strong ideas is the pinnacle of debate)
I shall remind all mods that the consequences of not improving the camera are NOT the following:
A. get people to buy new phones
And instead, ARE the following:
A. Increased amount of bootloader unlock
B. Increased number of people who stay at 189/ downgrade to 189
C. Decreased number of ASUS fans
D. Outrage of enthusiasts
(If you have points to add feel free to add below)
If I have pointed out the effects of not fixing the camera, or to me more exact, not restoring the camera to back when everything was good, then ASUS and your mods can do whatever you want. I shall now lay back and grab some pistachios as if ASUS still is so stubborn and refuses to do anything, sooner or later, I and my non-ASUS phone will witness the demise of this community, or even worse, the demise of the company.

Gladiatorz
Star III
Well to be honest..! 5z and 6z do have a different hardware altogether but if we see 5z is has an old hardware and 6z comes with a new hardware..ita shocking that the images what has been posted here are so different. @anderlai57@Anders_ASUS i will appreciate if you can check with the team ans get back to us with a solution. I bought 6z thinking it has better camera quality and the best highlights is the flip camera and to compare with one plus phone..same hardware but their image quality is way better. I seriously appreciate that @hrishikeshsunder39 took time and compared this photos but you guys can definitely see the difference right? The camera quality needs definitely an improvement. What is the use of the flip camera when the camera is not good? Plz look into this and do think we are customers who have bought this phone and if so many ppl are saying then definitely you guys need to work and do it.