Did you mean: 

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5 ZE620KL
Firmware Version: WW_15_0610_1801_42
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App

The program does not unlock the bootloader, writes (An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later)
125 REPLIES 125

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader Zenfone 4 selfie zd553kl

Model Name: Zenfone 4 selfie zd553
klFirmwareVersion: WW_15.0400.1910.518_20191021
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App
screenshot-20200928-012929.jpg

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

For ZB570TL/ZC520TL/ZD553KL/ZD552KL/ZS551KL, there will no longer have any maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.

View post
Hi mendoncakaua31
Thank you for your asking. Kindly refer to the reply above.

bash_sheer
Star I
Hi Asus support,

I'm using a ZenFone Selfie which I bought few years back(2017) and tried to unlock the boot loader today (30Sep2020) however I face the network connection error. Kindly help. I have attached the phone info for your reference. Let me know what other info do you need from me.
Thank you.

Regards,
Basheer

screenshot-20200930-160949.jpg

pinting
Star I
Hi Christine_ASUS,
My device Zenfone3 ZE552KL, running Android N build (asus/WW_Phone/ASUS_Z012D:7.0/NRD90M/14.2020.1712.85-20171228:user/release-keys).
The latest “UnlockTool_9.2.0.0” doesn’t work on Android N build. It shows the error message “Failed to unlock your device, please try again later.”
unlock-error-failed-to-unlock-your-device-28o-tool-on-n-build-29.jpg
The latest version of unlock tool for Android N “UnlockTool_20180117(Andriod N/O)” [there's a typo "Andriod" on ASUS website, by the way] doesn’t work on Android N build either. It shows the error message “An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. Please wait and try again later”. (the same error message as most others see)
unlock-error-an-unknown-error-occurs-28n-tool-on-n-build-29.jpg

Could ASUS provide an unlock tool fix for Android N build on ZE552KL ?
( I am hesitant to upgrade my device to Android O because I am worried that the storage space might not be large enough.)
Much appreciated!
pinting@

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pinting
Thank you for your asking. Please refer to the picture below as the latest unlock tool version, aka the most stable one, on the website. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused. 
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-3-ZE552KL/HelpDesk_Download/
image.png