This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Wi-Fi Call" on the Zenfone 5Z

vitorgn
Star II
When will the "Wi-Fi Call" option be released for the Zenfone 5Z? It is sorely needed, and many intermediary phones from other brands have this function as a default in their products.
30 REPLIES 30

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi vitorgn and christianrodrigues1981

Thank you for your asking. To my knowledge, there is no carrier in Brazil supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL). Besides, the carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in one model does not mean that it supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in another model.

Please check with your sim carriers if they support "VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL)" or not. If the carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL), kindly provide me your carrier name for further checking.

View post
Hello Christine, how are you?
Thanks for responding, in contact with my operator, it tells me that voLTE is compatible with asus devices: Zenfone Max shot, Zenfone 5, Zenfone 5Z, Zenfone 6, voWIFI no asus is compatible at the moment. My operator is VIVO, of the telephone group SA. Thank you for your attention.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi christianrodrigues1981
Thank you for your reply!  Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Have you change your SIM card to a VoLTE-supported SIM card from VIVO?
2. Please provide me the screenshot of
Settings>Network & internet>Mobile Network
3. Change your "Preferred network type" to 2G/3G/4G, does the issue remains the same?

Bhush
Star I
I have been following up with Asus since December 2019 for vowifi feature. Every time the same answer we are working on the same. O have tweeted abt the same to which Asus replied saying kindly co-operate n don't spread negativity. This was in April. Now I never suggest anyone to buy Asus, I even talk them out if they are buying one. Asus is pathetic with feature updates for 5Z. Even security patch updates are late. Asus max pro M2 got vowifi in 2019. But 5Z doesn't. It's a way of Asus to tell that those who buy flagship are fools.
I use Asus as secondary handset for primary use I purchased Realmex last October. It's working really good with regulat feature and security patch updates

Bhush
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi vkk178

Thank you for your asking. If you want to ask about Vo-WiFi, no carrier in India supports Vo-WiFi in ZenFone 5Z.

View post
Wow carries support your budget phones India but not your flagship model. Isn't that intersting. Admit it you guys are pathetic n lazy, not bothered abt getting the feature on 5z

Bhush
Star I
Soon I will throw this garbage, won't even opt exchange. Don't want anyone else to suffer. Better to go for value for money brands realme, Xiaomi, etc