This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Wi-Fi Call" on the Zenfone 5Z

vitorgn
Star II
When will the "Wi-Fi Call" option be released for the Zenfone 5Z? It is sorely needed, and many intermediary phones from other brands have this function as a default in their products.
30 REPLIES 30

vitorgn
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi vitorgn

Thank you for your asking. Kindly refer to 4 main requirements below that needs to fulfill to use VoLTE/VoWiFi function :

A. The carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi

B. The carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi with the model 

C. SIM Card has VoLTE/VoWiFi

D. Both side are using VoLTE/VoWiFi

First, please check with your sim carrier weather it supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZS620KL or not. Thank you.

View post
Hello. I'm in Brazil, and my operator (VIVO) supports VoWifi. 
My SIM card has already been enabled to make Wifi calls, but the 5Z does not have this configuration. To prove that both the operator and the SIM card are enabled, I borrowed my stepdaughter's iPhone and installed my card on the iPhone. As can be seen in the attached photo, the iPhone already has the wifi call option as a default. 
At the top it can be seen that the device recognized the card with wifi enabled. 
When will Asus make an update with Wifi calls?
Thank you!

ammzul
Star III
@vitorgn @Christine_ASUS @vkk178
Dear All,
All answers in Indian Context.
I had taken up the issue with Jio Care on 28th July 2020. Their response is attached herewith, which sounds positive for VoWIFI with Asus Zenfone 5Z. Please refer to the "red" highlighted box. 
asus-5z-vowifi-jio-india-support-july-2020-jpg.jpg
If few Jio Users can take this up with Jio Care (care@jio.com), I think there will be progress, in terms of whether they can provide this feature or not. Atleast, knowing whether it will happen or not, will help to settle the issue, instead of needless expectations / follow-ups. Also, follow-up from a market leader like Jio and Airtel will help to present the case, better with Asus.  
I have presented here the text, which can probably be Copied & sent to Jio or Airtel Care which will help to address the issue. Please do copy paste this or draft suitably yourself and send email to 
Jio 
1. care@jio.com / 
2. Contact us Page - Jio
3. If you don't get satisfactory response, from care you can also write to Appellate Authority for better quality response. Please do not write to appellate for the first time, write to them, only if you don't get proper response from care.  
Airtel
1. 121@in.airtel.com
2. Airtel Nodal Officers Email
==============================================================================================================================================================================================
Dear Care Team,
Greetings and Good Afternoon!
My Mobile number is xxxxxxxxxx. 
This is with respect to the Voice Over WiFi (VoWIFI) support for Asus Branded Handset Model # Asus Zenfone 5Z - Asus - Z01RD - ZS621KL - India Version. 
Asus team says the Jio team has to finish the work whereas Operator's team says, please check the online link / for supported devices. 
It would be highly appreciable if the your team can take the lead and initiate discussions with the Asus development team for the top 4 or 5 Asus branded models sold in India. Voice over WiFi is a basic necessity and it would be of great help if the your Team can really work with Asus to enable the VoWiFi support to Asus Zenfone 5Z and other 4 flagship models in Asus range.  
My Mobile Handset Details #
Brand Name # Asus Zenfone 5Z
Model Number # ZS621KL
Part Number # Z01RD
Once again, it would be of great help if the you Team can really work with Asus to enable the VoWiFi support to Asus Zenfone 5Z and other 4 flagship models in Asus range.  
Thanking you in anticipation. 
==============================================================================================================================================================================================

vitorgn
Star II
@Christine_ASUS @vkk178 @ammzul
Additionally, in the hidden menu, the settings for "VoLTE", "VIDEO CALLING" and "WIFI CALLING" are unavailable. The options exist, but Asus has locked those settings.
screenshot-20200925-103656974.jpg

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
vitorgn

@Christine_ASUS @vkk178 @ammzul

Additionally, in the hidden menu, the settings for "VoLTE", "VIDEO CALLING" and "WIFI CALLING" are unavailable. The options exist, but Asus has locked those settings.

screenshot-20200925-103656974.jpg

View post
I am also from Brazil of the operator (vivo) and the device is included in the list of compatible calls for "voLTE" only that we do not have this option, I have already confirmed with the attendants on this issue, please enable these functions, which were promised since the launch. Thank you

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vitorgn and christianrodrigues1981
Thank you for your asking. To my knowledge, there is no carrier in Brazil supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL). Besides, the carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in one model does not mean that it supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in another model.
Please check with your sim carriers if they support "VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL)" or not. If the carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi in ZenFone5Z (ZS620KL), kindly provide me your carrier name for further checking.