This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding issue with 5z in apps which use camera.

mshameemp
Star III
When I use any apps which uses camera there comes moving vertical lines on my screen and it vanish. Then again it wil come in between.
I think it's bcz of banding issue. Am from India , so I need 50hz antibanding(standard electricity frequency in india is 50hz). Bt instead 5z default is 60hz(I assume). I can change antiflickering to 50hz in asus camera app so that vertical lines go away bt that doesn't hav any impact on other apps which uses camera like CamScanner, whatsapp camera etc. I think if u make 5z default antibanding to 50hz for indian through an ota update then this issue will get solved.
I hav attached a video so that u will get more clarity on vertical moving lines.
29 REPLIES 29

mshameemp
Star III

mshameemp
Star III
I hav already told u u can get noticable flickering in tube light if u take slow motion videos of 240 fps. That means tube light has lower frequency. Think it .
I hav checked description of my cfl , it is clearly written as 50hz.
Anyway send pic of ur fluorescent light description . Am sure it will b 50 or 60hz. Plz send it. If u r wrong plz mention that too, otherwise those who read these comments may get confused.

srota
Rising Star I
mshameemp

I hav already told u u can get noticable flickering in tube light if u take slow motion videos of 240 fps. That means tube light has lower frequency. Think it .

I hav checked description of my cfl , it is clearly written as 50hz.

Anyway send pic of ur fluorescent light description . Am sure it will b 50 or 60hz. Plz send it. If u r wrong plz mention that too, otherwise those who read these comments may get confused.

View post
Sometime it may be difficult to explain, but I keep trying.
On each electrical equipment you have the indication of voltage and frequency of the main distribution system to which the equipment can plugged. You see written on your lamp 50 Hz, it indicates that your lamp can operate plugged to a 50 Hz electrical distribution system.
Inside a fluorescent lamp there is a ballast. There are different types of ballasts, their design has evolved to improve the lamp efficiency. You can find a explanations of how the fluorescent lamps are working together with the various types of ballasts on the web, just look at electrical ballasts in wikipedia.org. Electronic ballasts supply power inside the lamp at a frequency of 20,000 Hz or higher, to eliminate the stroboscopic effect of flicker.
In any case: all this discussion is not to talk about design of fluorescent tubes, I just wanted to highlight that a different type of illumination may solve your problem, that is it. Have a nice week.

mshameemp
Star III
srota

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133003#Comment_133003

On each electrical equipment you have the indication of voltage and frequency of the main distribution system to which the equipment can plugged. You see written on your lamp 50 Hz, it indicates that your lamp can operate plugged to a 50 Hz electrical distribution system.

Inside a fluorescent lamp there is a ballast. There are different types of ballasts, their design has evolved to improve the lamp efficiency. You can find a explanations of how the fluorescent lamps are working together with the various types of ballasts on the web, just look at electrical ballasts in wikipedia.org. Electronic ballasts supply power inside the lamp at a frequency of 20,000 Hz or higher, to eliminate the stroboscopic effect of flicker.

In any case: all this discussion is not to talk about design of fluorescent tubes, I just wanted to highlight that a different type of illumination may solve your problem, that is it. Have a nice week.

View post
Normal fluorescent hav 50 or 60hz.. that's why u get flickering in slow motion. Plz do that .. then u may understand.. plz do that .
Normal lights all are 50/60hz. U can refer it's discription given on light equipment. If u hav something which has more than 1000hz u can attach here. I hav already told u that I need proof. Give me evidence that light output u get 20000 cycle .
normal light tube has 50/60hz . Ask camera expert whether they can take slow motion 960fps in normal tube light.
Do more research on that.

mshameemp
Star III
srota

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133003#Comment_133003

View post
I hav read it. It is not high frequency. It is high voltage. If u hav read it properly then we could avoid these long conversations . Anyway I hope u understand it now. Even if asus doesn't bring update as i requested atleast I got a chance to share my knowledge with someone.
Anyway Thankz