This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 years update policy for 5z..

guptamahir10
Star I
Can the Mods please tell that the 2 year update policy will be applicable to the Zenfone 5z till future or is there any chance that it will recieve Android 11(R) this year. Pls don't give the answers in for ex. Its still under evaluation or etc. Bored listening to same answers!!😑
10 REPLIES 10

vicky9943861292
Star III
Debasish Sahoo

5z will not get A11 for sure. 5z will only receive security updates with some bug fixes for some more time.

View post
If a11 not coming to 5z . I'll never buy zenfone mobiles again 😾 . Ufffffff. See google , one plus service for their mobiles . U guys doing shitttt things . This is flagship Mobile of zenfone mobile line up. Snapdragon 845 . Idk how it's not capable for a11

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
vicky9943861292

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/153187#Comment_153187

If a11 not coming to 5z . I'll never buy zenfone mobiles again 😾 . Ufffffff. See google , one plus service for their mobiles . U guys doing shitttt things . This is flagship Mobile of zenfone mobile line up. Snapdragon 845 . Idk how it's not capable for a11

View post
It's not about the processor it's all about Asus update policy. 5z has received its 2 promised major updates (A9 & A10). May be in future they might support 3 major updates. But for now there is 2 major updates for Zenfone series.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
That's pretty much the same for all phones except the pixel that get 3 OS updates isn't it ?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

That's pretty much the same for all phones except the pixel that get 3 OS updates isn't it ?

View post
Only Pixel, OnePlus, Samsung and I believe Sony too offer 3 android versions apart from that it's 2 by everyone
And people have to keep in mind that the above brands leaving Sony (whose flagships are insanely costly) sell a lot more than Asus and are established names in smartphone market samsung's least selling model probably sells more units than Zenfone+Rog sales combined in an year
But ui wise Asus fares better with stock+ skin (no bloat) and an good set of features compared to those OEMs
And the hardware and software combination Asus offers is unique (Zenfone's flip camera and Rog phone's various features) coupled with their skin it's still an very good buy
Right now Asus policy is 2 os upgrades and 2.5-3yrs of security patches and they deliver that fairly fast comapared to others but I hope one day they'll join the list of OEMs to support 3 os versions and 4yrs of security patches 🤞 but when that depends on Asus

vicky9943861292
Star III
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155544#Comment_155544

It's not about the processor it's all about Asus update policy. 5z has received its 2 promised major updates (A9 & A10). May be in future they might support 3 major updates. But for now there is 2 major updates for Zenfone series.

View post
What kind of update policy is that ? They should justify the Buyers request.
I think that policy motto is Pushing customers to buy a new phone . For New features .
Definitely i m not gonna buy asus anymore .
Asus don't have any big line-up on their Mobile sales list. Making OS for 3 line up isn't that hard . If they want to compete with major competitors . They should reconsider their Update policy immediately .
I guess zenfone 5z has the highest sales percentage than any zenfone phones .
They should take care zenfone 5z than any phone .