wengeyu
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ASUS_Z01GD camera not focusing when zooming in . model aka ZS551KL.
Camera works and focus fine when not zooming in.
When zooming in with fingers, the focus is OK for just about 2 seconds, and then lost focus. This begins to happen before fingers leave the screen, right in front of my eyes! 

Model: ASUS_Z01GD (ZS551KL)
The APP is the original Asus camera app.
Build Number: OPR1.170623.032.WW_Phone-15.0410.1911.117-0
Did not root
Issue happens persistently.
App name: Asus original Camera
App version: 4.0.58.0_190522
What I have done:
I have cleared the camera APP data, cache, restarted the phone several times, but to no avail.
Don't know when the issue started, only noticed it today when I tried to close shot a bug. It might have existed for a while, since I recall that when I tried to zoom in for my cat sometime ago, it was clear then lost focus - I thought it might be the light, and did not pay close attention.
This is the result with x4 zoom in:
It becomes really annoying. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
wengeyu

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

ASUS_Z01GD camera not focusing when zooming in . model aka ZS551KL.

Camera works and focus fine when not zooming in.

When zooming in with fingers, the focus is OK for just about 2 seconds, and then lost focus. This begins to happen before fingers leave the screen, right in front of my eyes! 

Model: ASUS_Z01GD (ZS551KL)

The APP is the original Asus camera app.

Build Number: OPR1.170623.032.WW_Phone-15.0410.1911.117-0

Did not root

Issue happens persistently.

App name: Asus original Camera

App version: 4.0.58.0_190522

What I have done:

I have cleared the camera APP data, cache, restarted the phone several times, but to no avail.

Don't know when the issue started, only noticed it today when I tried to close shot a bug. It might have existed for a while, since I recall that when I tried to zoom in for my cat sometime ago, it was clear then lost focus - I thought it might be the light, and did not pay close attention.

This is the result with x4 zoom in:

15956224041328965128387150241366.jpg

It becomes really annoying. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

Camera not focus when zooming in
you can use manual focus

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi wengeyu
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please try "the Factory Reset" 
Setting>System>Reset>Factory data reset
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
2. Please check on SMMI test 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Alignment DualCamera Test/Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
If the SMMI test fails, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Furthermore, I had edited your passage and deleted the picture. Please be aware that sharing the personal information like SN or IMEI on the Internet is quite dangerous.