This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 11 wireless charge problem

targe
Star I

Ok guys I'm using Zenfone 11 ultra, so far it's work great, except for the wireless charger

The phone can't charge using wireless charger very long, it's work for view minutes and then it's stopped

I don't know the cause

Anyone have similar problem or have the workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3

srota
Rising Star I

I am not using a wireless charger with the Zenfone 11 Ultra , but I know that a wireless charger has to be precisely positioned with the phone in order to function correctly.

For this reason, compatible phone bumpers often have a magnetic ring allowing the right positioning of the phone. 

Bokkiedog
Star I

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes wireless charging works, but mostly it either just turns on and then off, or it works for a little while and quietly drops. Even with a magnetic connector. And I've noticed even charging with a normal cable sometimes takes much longer than I'd expect.

I did a factory reset. It looked like it fixed it, but the problems soon returned.

Let me know if you ever get a solution.

In case it could help: 

according to the Asus specification, the phone is compatible with Quick Charge 5.0, PD Charging, and Qi 1.3 wireless charging technology.

It implies that:

concerning the wireless charging, the phone needs a charger compatible with the Qi 1.3 wireless charging technology.  I noted that Qi 1.3 mandates hardware-based authentication between the charger and the phone itself and is a significant update from Qi 1.2.4, a wireless charger with a different standard may not work properly.

charging with an Charger+USB cable, you need a charger compatible with the Qualcomm Quick Charging 5.0 standard, or compatible with the  Power Delivery standard. Important: in both cases, the cable connecting the charger with the phone plays a significant role in the correct functioning of the system, so you need to ensure that the USB -C cable type in use is also compatible with the adapter itself, in terms of cable size and length. The best is probably  to buy the adapter with its cable. I am using the Asus ROG 65W Charger with its 1.2m Asus USB cable and so far I had no problem with this set up.