1. I have been experiencing issues with NFC relating to Google Wallet. At some terminals it just won't work at all despite spending a couple of minutes trying. These terminals are always the same. Most of the time it works very well to average. Some times spending a minute or two to get it to happen. Whereas my last phone an LG V30+ had no such issues. I see this has been an ongoing issue with the Zenfones.
2. Another very annoying issue is that I do regularly video my gigs. What I find in play back is that the sound track does not properly align with the video. So I have to export it to a video editing app separate the video and audio then manually align it. Whereas my last phone an LG V30+ had no such issues in fact was perfect.
I hope these issues can be fixed in a future update.
Otherwise the phone has been great. But had I have known about these issues before buying it I would have passed. Really wanted another LG but unfortunately they don't make phones any more.
Happy to send a log file if you could tell me how.
Video setting is FHD, 30fps, (HDR Off), Adaptive Stabilisation, No flash, 1x zoom.
I can't find the FW version either in settings under hardware info I see everything but FW or maybe it is labelled something else?
Current System is 33.0220.0220.52 is that any good?
I will add the video link after it has uploaded to one drive.
Here is the link:
You can share the log by following the given process-
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)
Please share the log with me via PM.
Hi, I just tried it with the only calculator I have, and it doesn't work. Yesterday I lost a couple of apps including the original calculator which I suspect is an ASUS one. The other app that I lost was contacts. I would appreciate if you could show me where to get them from again please. Then I should be able to get that log file for you.
The way I lost these apps was the phone somehow became unlocked in my pocket and got all messed up. Then I found I couldn't simply just go back to an earlier backup and restore it the way it was, because google back ups don't seem to work like that any more.