This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are system notification sounds located?

thdrtyhdrtf
Star II

Of course, you can select them in the application's notification settings. However, I have a problem with one application, where after installing it, there is a "none" sound for notifications. When I want to assign a sound, a list appears, but not notification sounds, as is the case with any other application, but sounds for calls, which is some kind of error... So the question is how to bypass this and be able to select sound appropriate for the notification.

And if you don't know, please let me know in which system directory the sounds are saved. I've searched everything (the appropriate ROOT browsing app), but they're nowhere to be found, much less in the standard "System/media/audio" path.

6 REPLIES 6

jasoncapital
Star I

It sounds like you're experiencing a bug or a misconfiguration with the notification sound settings in one of your applications. This issue can sometimes occur due to improper handling of notification channels by the application or the operating system. Here are a few approaches to try and resolve the issue:

Workarounds for Setting Notification Sounds

1. Clear App Cache and Data:

• Go to Settings > Apps > [Your App] > Storage.
    • Clear Cache and Clear Data.
    • Reopen the app and try setting the notification sound again.
  2. Reinstall the App:

• Uninstall the problematic app.
    • Restart your phone.
    • Reinstall the app from the Google Play Store.
    • Check if the notification sound options have reset.
  3. Change Notification Sound Through System Settings:

• Go to Settings > Apps > [Your App] > Notifications.
    • Tap on the specific notification category.
    • Change the sound from there. Sometimes doing it through the system settings rather than the app itself resolves the issue.
  4. Use a Different Notification Sound Management App:

• There are third-party apps like "Zedge" or "Ringtone Maker" that can help you set custom notification sounds for specific apps.

Locating System Notification Sounds

If you still wish to locate the system sounds directory and manually set the notification sound, you can try the following locations using a root-enabled file explorer:

1. Common System Sounds Directory:

• /system/media/audio/notifications/
    • /system/media/audio/ui/
    • /system/media/audio/
  2. Internal Storage Locations (For User-added Sounds):

• /sdcard/Notifications/
    • /sdcard/Ringtones/

In newer Android versions, sounds might also be located in the data directory:

• /data/data/com.android.providers.media/
  • /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/

Note: Accessing these directories requires root access. If you don't have root access, consider using third-party apps to manage your notification sounds as described earlier.

Creating a Custom Notification Sound Directory

1. Using a File Manager:

• Create a folder named "Notifications" in your device’s internal storage or SD card.
    • Place your desired sound files (in supported formats like .mp3, .ogg, .wav) into this folder.
  2. Setting the Notification Sound:

• Go to Settings > Sound > Notification Sound.
    • Your custom sounds should now appear in the list of available sounds.

Further Troubleshooting

If none of the above solutions work, the issue might be specific to the app's integration with the Android notification system. In such cases, it may be helpful to:

• Contact the app's support team for help.
  • Report the bug through the app's feedback mechanism.

Final Note

If you need further assistance with navigating directories or setting up sounds, providing more details about your device model and Android version can help tailor the solution more accurately.

What is this dump spam, not even concerning my problem and including wrong informations...? Why are you spamming like this? We don't need "standard android phone informations", co if you dont have Zenfone, just dont talk, because you are wrong. You are wrong even in terms of standard android phones and you give wrong advices... Because you dont need root to access this kind of stuff.

Or, maybe, this is a reply from a bot ?