This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random freeze ups

cbreze
Star III

Only had my phone 5 days but noticing random freezes. Otherwise it is smooth as silk. I’m wondering how much blame I can place on the android 14 update which it did almost right after I turned it on. I’ve read others saying as much about the 14 update. The freezes while annoying are undone easily enough. Don’t want to send it back if it is indeed the 14 update as it wouldn’t help in that case. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, everything freezes right out of the blue seemingly no particular reason for it. The only fix is to use the power button to put the screen  in sleep mode then wake up again. However I may have found a permanent fix by going into dev options - system tracing -CPU buffer size and change to largest, 65536KB. Default is 16384KB. Has not frozen up since I made this change. Saw this on a YouTube video and all the commenters said it worked for them. Not just for Zenfone either. Apparently a lot of people have this issue. So far so good.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @cbreze,

Do these freeze-ups take place while using a specific app?

No, everything freezes right out of the blue seemingly no particular reason for it. The only fix is to use the power button to put the screen  in sleep mode then wake up again. However I may have found a permanent fix by going into dev options - system tracing -CPU buffer size and change to largest, 65536KB. Default is 16384KB. Has not frozen up since I made this change. Saw this on a YouTube video and all the commenters said it worked for them. Not just for Zenfone either. Apparently a lot of people have this issue. So far so good.