This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor call quality

Hello,

I have had poor call quality on my Zenfone 10 from the very first days I have owned it. I hear others well but my sound lags a lot when I speak to others. This is especially bad when I am using speaker. When I hold the phone on my ear, the call quality improves a lot. This happens with all the phones I dial to. It does not matter what manufacturer or service provider they have. Has anyone similar experiences?

8 REPLIES 8

MarkWood21
Star II

I've experienced poor call quality on my Zenfone 10, especially on speaker. Anyone else facing this?

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Poorcallquality,
Can you please share your device's FW version?

Thank you for your response! My firmware version is 33.0220.0220.101

larrybh
Star I

If you're experiencing poor call quality on your Asus Zenfone 10, there are several potential reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and improve call quality:

1. Check Network Signal: Poor call quality can sometimes be attributed to a weak or unstable network signal. Ensure that you have a strong and stable cellular signal when making calls. If you're in an area with weak signal reception, try moving to a location with better coverage.

2. Network Provider Issues: Contact your mobile network provider to check if there are any known issues in your area. They may be able to provide information about network outages or maintenance activities that could be affecting call quality.

3. Update Software: Make sure that your phone's operating system and all apps are up to date. Software updates often include improvements and bug fixes that can address issues related to call quality.

4. Check for Interference: Electronic interference from other devices or obstacles can sometimes affect call quality. Try making calls in different locations to see if the issue persists.

5. Reset Network Settings: Resetting network settings on your phone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Go to your phone's settings, find the option to reset network settings, and follow the instructions.

6. Check for Software Conflicts: If you've installed third-party apps that might interfere with phone functions, consider uninstalling them to see if the call quality improves.

7. Test in Safe Mode: Boot your phone in safe mode, which disables third-party apps. This can help determine if a third-party app is causing the issue. If call quality improves in safe mode, it indicates that a downloaded app may be the culprit.

8. Hardware Issues: If the problem persists, there could be a hardware issue with the phone's microphone or speaker. Contact Asus customer support or visit an authorized service center for assistance.

9. Check Call Settings: Review the call settings on your phone to ensure that there are no specific configurations causing the issue. Check for any call-related settings that may need adjustment.

10. Contact Asus Support: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's recommended to reach out to Asus customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or arrange for a service evaluation if necessary.

Remember to back up your important data before performing any troubleshooting steps that involve resetting or modifying settings on your phone.