This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Pro 14 Duo - UX8402VV - Number Pad and Windows Flicking Issues

ztekenv
Star I

I just purchased the Zenbook Pro 14 Duo model UX8402VV. I'm in the process of getting all the windows updates and drivers current and learning the unique features. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro immediately through the Windows store.

I was very interested in the number pad that lights up within the track pad. Is that not a feature of this model? If not, this is extremely disappointing. Why would Asus remove that feature? If that feature doesn't exist on the current models, what is recommended as a number pad for the ScreenPad+?

Windows flicking does not work. When I enable it in the control center of the ScreenPad, I sometimes will get one opportunity where my finger is able to move a window (and maybe one time in the five times that has worked, I was able to flick). But it seems it fails after this and nothing I can do will allow me to grab a window with my finger, let alone flick it. I can grab and move the window with the stylus, but the finger is completely useless. I note when I turn off the Window Flicking function, I can freely move windows around with my finger (but obviously no flicking).

Windows:
Windows 11 Pro 64 version 22H2 (10.0.22621)
OS build 22621.2792
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

Asus:
Firmware version UX8402VV.300
ScreenXpert UWP V3.0.23.0 Driver version V3.0.9.0

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@ztekenv
Unfortunately, the UX8402VV does not come with the NumPad feature. 
If you have recently purchased the laptop and encounter touch-related issues with the ScreenPad, we recommend that you contact the retailer to inquire about the possibility of a return or exchange. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.