cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Duo UX482EAR.308 Camera Not Found

swadarshan
Star I

Hi,

I bought this refurbished Zenbook Duo 14 with specifically Windows 10 on it, and I had an issue with it as it arrived, because the Windows was already set, but it was not possible to reset it. It had no background for a simple factory reset.

After a long conversation with the seller, who gave me 12 months warranty services btw, we decided that I will do a fresh Windows install (for some refund of the price) - which I did after recovering from an illness (likely Covid) and until that happened, I basically did nothing with the laptop, it just sat on the side.

So I have no idea, if before installing Windows, the camera worked or not. I just hope it did.

Somehow I hope that this is just a fresh installation issue, which can be solved somehow, without having to send back the laptop for repare.

At this moment, the laptop seems to work flawlessly, only there is no Camera device found on it, so Camera does not work at all, nor does Windows Hello.

In the Device Manager, there is no Camera.

I can tell when I look at the top of the screen, it really seems to have the camera in there. Now I know this should be an IR camera, but I could not find any specific driver for it on Asus website.

Unfortunately, the laptop was already registered - so I can't ask any help for it through Asus. I did call them, but they said the registration has to be cancelled from the previous owner's side - now how to do that?? I can prove my purchase - but noone is interested in that.

So I have updated BIOS and there is latest Windows 10  updated on it as well.

Meanwhile the seller was on holiday but he is willing to do anything to make it work, now that he is back - I just thought I ask here too for some help, before I have to send it back for repare. I read other posts here, where Camera issues were sounding similar to mine, although in a different model, not in Duo.

So if you have any idea, please do let me know.

Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@swadarshan 
It is recommended that you refer to the following FAQ to troubleshoot the problem.
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Camera problem

If you have followed the FAQ and reinstalled the driver, and the device manager indeed does not detect the camera device, we would recommend you to send your laptop for repair to further investigate the issue.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

@Falcon_ASUS 

Thank you for the reply.

However, it does seem a bit to me, as if my post was not really read at all. I understand if it's a bit long, as I tried to explain all that already has been done - and the situation too.

No, there is no camera device found to be connected. So the "troubleshooting steps" would be perhaps a joke, only if there  wasn't so many hours/days/weeks of hard work put into find any help with this.

There is no Camera Driver to be found on Asus Website for this model. In fact it is really hard to figure out what camera is actually in there? Somehow, they did not want to share that info with us. Or I am just too dumb to find it...
The best I could find was "HD camera with IR function to support Windows Hello"
(https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-home/zenbook/zenbook-duo-14-ux482/techspec/)

And I did not buy this laptop directly from Asus and it is out of warranty service by Asus. However, I do have a 12 months warranty service with the actual seller I bought it from, and yes, my only reason to write here, was to avoid having to send the computer for repair.

As above mentioned, I have seen similar issue here, but with different model. There it was suggested to "go into safe mode", and also to "update ASUS System Control Interface driver xxxx" (which driver I would not guess by myself to solve any camera issue...) - but that post is over 3 years old, and the "Community Legend II" member, who was giving seemingly good advice there, has also not been online since last year.

But hey. I appreciate that I got any reply at the very least.