System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: Zenbook 13 (UX331UAL)
Frequency of occurrence: Sporadic
Reset OS: yes (once)
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
My Asus Zenbook 13 (UX331UAL), has this vibration that occurs under the upper central part of the keyboard which is where the fan is located.
The best way I can describe the sound/vibration is that it is similar to a siren, or when a video game controller vibrates. It doesn't even sound like how a fan normally vibrates, rather it sounds like some sort of warning system. It sounds like its a built-in system similar to a smartphone vibration.
Some observations
-Has been happening for over a year; I just ignored it.
-Computer performance has not changed in any manner during the time I've owned it.
-Usually occurs when running or launching a game, but also happens when computer is undergoing stress of any kind, such as booting up or launching a program.
-When the vibration occurs, it doesn't stop until I shutdown the computer.
-The worst part is that it is sporadic, it may not happen for over a month, it may happen for a few days, I really can't find a pattern other than it must be affected by the temperature. It has been causing some anxiety.
-On that note, my computer never surpasses 80C(which I believe is safe), yet it still occurs.
-Laptop is 4 years old
Specs:
i5-8250u
MX150
8gb ram
Win11
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
5kitsch7
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Zenbook 13 (UX331UAL)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Sporadic
  5. Reset OS: yes (once)
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

My Asus Zenbook 13 (UX331UAL), has this vibration that occurs under the upper central part of the keyboard which is where the fan is located.

The best way I can describe the sound/vibration is that it is similar to a siren, or when a video game controller vibrates. It doesn't even sound like how a fan normally vibrates, rather it sounds like some sort of warning system. It sounds like its a built-in system similar to a smartphone vibration.

Some observations

• -Has been happening for over a year; I just ignored it.
  • -Computer performance has not changed in any manner during the time I've owned it.
  • -Usually occurs when running or launching a game, but also happens when computer is undergoing stress of any kind, such as booting up or launching a program.
  • -When the vibration occurs, it doesn't stop until I shutdown the computer.
  • -The worst part is that it is sporadic, it may not happen for over a month, it may happen for a few days, I really can't find a pattern other than it must be affected by the temperature. It has been causing some anxiety.
  • -On that note, my computer never surpasses 80C(which I believe is safe), yet it still occurs.
  • -Laptop is 4 years old
  • Specs:
  • i5-8250u
  • MX150
  • 8gb ram
  • Win11

Wierd laptop fan vibration
@5kitsch7
Since your laptop may be out of warranty, I would suggest that you can find a computer repair shop to check whether there is too much dust inside the laptop, which causes fan vibration. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.