Star I
System: Windows11
Battery or AC: either
Model: UX425JA
Frequency of occurrence: twice in the last week
Reset OS: no but have set BIOS to defaults
Screenshot or video: neither
========================
Detailed description:A couple of issues with screen in the last week makes me think my GPU may be on its way out. 1st, screen would go black when moving mouse from one part of the screen to another - usually moving from desktop to a window. I changed GPU driver to Intel driver. Seemed to solve the issue.
Issue2. Later in the week, screen suddenly went completely grey (not black - could tell it was on though) with nothing being displayed. Powering off/on didn't fix it. What DID fix it was a BIOS "reset to defaults"
No problems since. Does this sound like a hardware issue? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Musicrab
  1. System: Windows11
  2. Battery or AC: either
  3. Model: UX425JA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: twice in the last week
  5. Reset OS: no but have set BIOS to defaults
  6. Screenshot or video: neither

========================

Detailed description:A couple of issues with screen in the last week makes me think my GPU may be on its way out. 1st, screen would go black when moving mouse from one part of the screen to another - usually moving from desktop to a window. I changed GPU driver to Intel driver. Seemed to solve the issue.

Issue2. Later in the week, screen suddenly went completely grey (not black - could tell it was on though) with nothing being displayed. Powering off/on didn't fix it. What DID fix it was a BIOS "reset to defaults"

No problems since. Does this sound like a hardware issue? Thanks.

UX425JA GPU on its way out?
@Musicrab
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.