Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Not sure what's happening here.
I updated the Bios to 312 a few days after release, everything seemed to be okay.
Today, WiFi stopped working and was showing a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in Device manager. Uninstalled the device several times and updated the drivers. Nothing worked.
I backed up everything on the Laptop and went to Reset the PC. PC reset, still no Wifi.
I saw on Reddit someone with a ASUS laptop (Different model, the ROG series) say they had issues with WiFI and advised to restore default settings in Bios, if that didn't work, downgrade to the last Bios Revision.
I reset the BIOS to default, restarted. Still no Wifi.
Downloaded the latest BIOS release (308) installed that, rebooted and WiFI was there. Windows then downloaded the latest BIOS version (312) and upon reboot it installed that. Rebooted and for some reason WiFi is still working?
So. Is there an issue with BIOS 312 and Wifi? Will the Wifi randomly drop out again if i leave it on 312? Should i downgrade to 308 again?
Can anyone advise? Has anyone had similar experience?
6 REPLIES 6

JBennett360
Star III
Okay.
So after flashing BIOS 308 and rebooting into Windows 11. Wi-Fi is back up and running.

JBennett360
Star III
Sigh.
It's auto flashed back to 312 and WiFi is working again now.
What is happening here?
Bios Issue? - Windows 11 Issue?
Both?
I've updated the Wifi driver to the latest version from the Intel website to see if this helps at all
Wifi Driver: 22.110.1.1
Bios Version: 312

I find it strange that someone else on here had also reported the exact same issue i was having, which leaves me to believe this is either a Software or BIOS fault. Here's that someone else
Talk about frustrating!