This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM425I Black Screen

JST111
Star I
Last night my zenbook (just over a month old) shutdown inexplicably and when I tried to turn it back on again the power light came on but the screen stayed black. After some button mashing it came alive and asked for the Bitlocker Recovery key, but by the time I had accessed my Microsoft account to find the key the screen had gone black again. Now I can't get the screen to turn on at all, no matter what I do. I have tried a hard reset and still no joy. Please help!!
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Do you have an external monitor you can check on to see if it is the display issue?
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
JST111

Last night my zenbook (just over a month old) shutdown inexplicably and when I tried to turn it back on again the power light came on but the screen stayed black. After some button mashing it came alive and asked for the Bitlocker Recovery key, but by the time I had accessed my Microsoft account to find the key the screen had gone black again. Now I can't get the screen to turn on at all, no matter what I do. I have tried a hard reset and still no joy. Please help!!

UM425I Black Screen
Is powering on laptop?