System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: ux580
Frequency of occurrence: all
Reset OS: lots
Screenshot or video: screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
I finally have the recovery USB from Bizcom. I turn off Secure Boot and Fast Boot, reboot but the Bios doesnt see the USB.
I created a ISO from the Bizcom USB and used another USB and the ISO to create a bootable USB which is visible in the Bios.
I select that USB and it runs for about 5 seconds then I get the error;
Windows cannot find Recovery.cmd. Please make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again
img-3827.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
graemem
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: ux580
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all
  5. Reset OS: lots
  6. Screenshot or video: screenshot

========================

Detailed description:

I finally have the recovery USB from Bizcom. I turn off Secure Boot and Fast Boot, reboot but the Bios doesnt see the USB.

I created a ISO from the Bizcom USB and used another USB and the ISO to create a bootable USB which is visible in the Bios.

I select that USB and it runs for about 5 seconds then I get the error;

Windows cannot find Recovery.cmd. Please make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

img-3827.jpg

Recovery.cmd
that means recovery.cmd is missing in recovery USB. so in this case, you can need to create a windows 10 bootable USB pen drive by using another computer and then boot with created windows 10 bootable pen drive, then do to a factory reset or else do a clean installation of windows 10.
If you unable to do means , you should bring to nearest asus service center

graemem
Star I
I purchased the usb from Bizcom who I assumed had a clue what they were doing? If I create a new bootable USB drive from another ASUS computer then copy all the files from the Bizcom one would that work?

graemem
Star I
i created the new bootable and that worked if I didnt load in the files from the Bizcom USB. As soon as I do that then the recovery fails with the Windows cannot find recovery.cmd