This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyASUS OLED Flicker-Free Dimming: how does this relate to Windows screen brightness?

TherealObie1
Star I

Hello! I don't really understand how to set the MyASUS OLED Flicker-free Dimming setting on my 2024 Zenbook 14 OLED. In the description, it is suggested to make sure Windows system brightness is set to  above 60%, and then one can set the the flicker-free dimming slider to the level that suits one's needs.  

So if I set Windows screen brightness to 70%, brightness is already lower. If I slide the Flicker-Free Dimming slider  down from 100% to let's say 20%, then an additional lower brightness is applied on top of the 70% Windows screen brightness that I started out with. However, I can also leave the flicker free dimming slider at 100%, but put the Windows system brightness slider to let's say 50% and end up with a similar overall screen brightness. 

So I'm a bit confused how these two scales of brightness relate. How do people typically use the flicker free dimming in combination with Windows system brightness? Do you have more flickering with let's say 40% flicker-free dimming compared to 100% flicker-free dimming , or is the amount/absence of flickering the same at both values, with simply just more dimming at 40% compared to 100%?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@TherealObie1
There is no definitive answer to this.
Adjusting the screen brightness to above 60% is recommended for some users who are sensitive to screen brightness/flickering. However, since every user's sensitivity to screen brightness/flickering varies, we provide screen protection features for users to choose and adjust their settings accordingly. Thank you.