This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the brightness of the taskbar?

Gabie
Star II
System: W11
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX371EA
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:My ZenBook's taskbar is too bright relative to the screen. Even when I make the screen as bright as possible, the taskbar is still brighter. Wen watching video in full screen, the bottom edge of the screen where the task bar resides is bright while the rest of the screan is a darker.
7 REPLIES 7

Gabie
Star II
Hi Falcon. So I uninstalled Windows HDR Calibration. Problem solved.
Contolling brightness now controls taskbar as well. It's still a bit brighter than the background, but not contrastingly bright which I can live with. More important (to me), when watching a video in full screen, the contrastingly bright bar on the bottom where the taskbar resides is now just as bright as rhe background.
Hope this helps.

Willjoe
Star II

Press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to System > Display. Beneath Brightness and color, use the Brightness slider. To the left will be dimmer, to the right brighter.

Regards,

Will

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.