This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI not detected in ubuntu 22.04

hau
Star I

I bought laptop asus ASUS Zenbook 14 UX3405 recently and installed the ubuntu 22.04 , but the HDMI wasn't detected while it was working fine in Window 11.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry. that was a pretty significant typo. I meant to try a release upgrade to version 22.04.4.
The syntax for the release upgrade would take you to the latest version, regardless. 

Also... if you are on 22.0.4.4 and HDMI still doesn't work, the mainline upgrade to a 6.6 kernel should resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS

@hau
Sorry, I got a bit confused. May I ask if you are currently using Linux or Windows operating system? 
Please provide the complete model of your laptop, BIOS version, and system version information for me to confirm.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to check the model name and BIOS version
Thank you.

hau
Star I

Hi Falcon_ASUS, I installed dual boot for my ASUS laptop. It has Window 11 and ubuntu 22.04

hau_0-1709430561314.png

@hau 
Unfortunately, we are unable to assess the issues encountered with dual-system usage.
If you are certain that HDMI works fine on other systems, it suggests there should be no hardware issue with the HDMI itself.
We recommend installing only Windows 11 on your laptop and then confirming if HDMI can function normally, to clarify whether the issue is caused by the system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

hau
Star I

The HDMI port working fine in Window 11