This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI not detected in ubuntu 22.04

hau
Star I

I bought laptop asus ASUS Zenbook 14 UX3405 recently and installed the ubuntu 22.04 , but the HDMI wasn't detected while it was working fine in Window 11.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

9 REPLIES 9

I'm waiting for my own UX3405 to arrive and while doing research to see what I should expect when installing Ubuntu, I came across your ticket.

Have you gotten the HDMI port to work? Are you seeing any other issues besides the HDMI port?

If your HDMI port isn't working (without me being able to troubleshoot this machine and OS hands-on, I think you can try a couple of things:

1. Do a release upgrade to make sure that you're on the latest release of Ubuntu 24.04.4 
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo do-release-upgrade
And make sure you have the latest kernel headers.
$ sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

2. Install mainline to install the newest stable kernel which should have better support for the Intel Ultra 7 CPU and GPU.  I think Intel Arc needs kernel 6.6, minimum. You'll need to look for these steps, but you won't have to look for very long. 

Hi @bksniper1nine , 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Have you gotten the HDMI port to work? Are you seeing any other issues besides the HDMI port?

no iHDMI still doesn't work for me . no any other issues. Everything work fine in ubuntu 22.04.

1. Do a release upgrade to make sure that you're on the latest release of Ubuntu 24.04.4 

I think ubuntu 24.04 haven't released yet 

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2023/10/ubuntu-24-04-release-date-set-for-april-25-2024

I guess it may work in ubuntu 24.04 official release. So right now just use Window 11 🙂

Sorry. that was a pretty significant typo. I meant to try a release upgrade to version 22.04.4.
The syntax for the release upgrade would take you to the latest version, regardless. 

Also... if you are on 22.0.4.4 and HDMI still doesn't work, the mainline upgrade to a 6.6 kernel should resolve the issue.

hau
Star I

thanks @bksniper1nine  very much for suggestion.

I upgrade kernel to 6.6 but it doesn't work. Then I upgraded to 6.7.10 and it works 🙂

That's great news! I just received my UX3405 today. I'm going to dual boot my system tomorrow. Glad to see that the 6.7.10 kernel works (interesting/weird that 6.6 didn't work but I guess I shouldn't be surprised) and I have a head start on troubleshooting potential issues. 😉