This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip S UX363 fan control? (laptop too hot all the time)

jsedyana
Star I
System: UX363ea
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX363ea
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS: can't, SSD doesn't show up in the drive list
========================
Detailed description: I recently bought a zenbook flip s ux363 Oled (as in today), and everything about it is fantastic....except for the heat radiating on the keyboard deck. I know thin laptops heat up, but this heats up an uncomfortable amount even when idling on the desktop right in the middle of the keyboard, my last thin and light got no where near this hot. I'm not sure if it was designed this way or if i have a defective unit, but is there some way to bump up the fan speed to mitigate some of the heat? I've already tried switching between the different fan profiles, they don't seem to do anything, i cannot hear a change in the fan behavior.
I've let it go through all the updates to make sure it wasn't doing anything in the background.
can't undervolt because it's been locked out.
CPU idles at around 46-47 (which again, feels hot)

2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jsedyana
  1. System: UX363ea
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX363ea
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time
  5. Reset OS: can't, SSD doesn't show up in the drive list

========================

Detailed description: I recently bought a zenbook flip s ux363 Oled (as in today), and everything about it is fantastic....except for the heat radiating on the keyboard deck. I know thin laptops heat up, but this heats up an uncomfortable amount even when idling on the desktop right in the middle of the keyboard, my last thin and light got no where near this hot. I'm not sure if it was designed this way or if i have a defective unit, but is there some way to bump up the fan speed to mitigate some of the heat? I've already tried switching between the different fan profiles, they don't seem to do anything, i cannot hear a change in the fan behavior.

I've let it go through all the updates to make sure it wasn't doing anything in the background.

take laptop to nearest asus service center and get check all hardwares

Liviu
Rising Star II
jsedyana
  1. System: UX363ea
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX363ea
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time
  5. Reset OS: can't, SSD doesn't show up in the drive list

========================

46-47 Celsius for a laptop is quite normal. The CPU is designed to go up to 95*C. Do a stress test and see if the fan starts to kick in.