Star I
System: Windows 11 Pro
Battery or AC: Both, but worse on AC
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GE
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS: Not sure
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: For a few months cursor randomly goes to upper corners of screen. I have taken it to 2 computer repair shops. It works for a few days, then gets weird again. I disabled the touchpad and got a wireless mouse and it's still the same. Downloaded Windows 11 Pro, but I can't remember if that's when the problems started. On battery works OK except goes to corner every few minutes. Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

oldharbordave
Star I
Yesterday it was going to upper right corner, today upper left. It is a blinking white spot about the size of *. I have 2 or 3 windows open and it will randomly return to the window in the upper left corner. It would be hard to do a screenshot or video since it isn't obvious what is happening. Plugged in with wireless mouse it now goes to upper right. As a touch screen, it seem to work ok, but I need touchpad and wireless mouse to work. Oops, now, even with touchscreen, it goes to upper right. I've had it for 3 or 4 years, maybe it's lifespan is up, but it was a lot of money and I hate to give up on it.

oldharbordave
Star I
A little more weirdness. On battery, I watched a youtube video without problems. After plugging in to charge battery, the video name at top and time line at bottom flicker constantly. I guess what I need to know is, do I keep trying to fix it or put this $1800 laptop on a shelf and buy a new one? Thanks for your help and honest opinion.

Anonymous
Not applicable
definitely hardware issue, its getting sort of pinched somewhere making the mouse move in that direction. Not necessarily pinched either, but i am pretty sure its not a software issue.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.