Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Request: Please unlock ProC Hot Offset

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hello,
The CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz of my Zenbook
has a rating max temp from Intel of 100C yet from Asus BIOS specs we cannot unlock the setting (with a program like ThrottleStop) so that you can set the max temp allowed for the CPU to 100C and it's stuck at 95C. this would allow to get some extra juice when needed - it would not melt down the laptop or anything as Intel said it can do 100C max and it would thermally throttle down anyway.
Product Specificationsimage.png

Is that possible to have that in the next BIOS update? that would be great.
thank you,
Gabrio
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
gabrio81

hello,

The CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz of my Zenbook

has a rating max temp from Intel of 100C yet from Asus BIOS specs we cannot unlock the setting (with a program like ThrottleStop) so that you can set the max temp allowed for the CPU to 100C and it's stuck at 95C. this would allow to get some extra juice when needed - it would not melt down the laptop or anything as Intel said it can do 100C max and it would thermally throttle down anyway.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208662/intel-core-i71165g7-processor-12m-cache-...

image.png

Is that possible to have that in the next BIOS update? that would be great.

thank you,

Gabrio

BIOS Request: Please unlock ProC Hot Offset
@gabrio81
This is the current design of the laptop.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations.
Thank you. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.