System: Windows 10 OS Build: 18363.1316
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX480FD
Frequency of occurrence: Daily
Reset OS: N.A.
Screenshot or video: N.A.
========================
Detailed description:
I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when being used. In summary, the laptop drains much energy during sleep at night time.

To understand this, the following was done: 1) powercfg -batteryreport and 2) the admin rights sleepstudy.
1) batteryreport gives: 
DESIGN CAPACITY
70,001 mWh 
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY
63,489 mWh 
But, at a 99% charge (indicated by the battery icon in the taskbar), this report indicates more than 100% charge, thus an inconsistency between batteryreport and system battery icon:
15:43:34
Report generated 
Battery 
147 % 
62,527 mWh 
2) The second sleepstudy report "correctly" (that is, same as the system icon) specifies the following: 
15:17:57
0:00:16
Active
Drain
99% 
What could be the cause for this inconsistency? Could thes be causing an abnormal shutdown where my laptop thinks it is above 0%, but then drains the battery until the end? Still, this would not answer why it drains so much energy during sleep. However, the latter question could anyway not be solved following so many instructions.

N.B.: Yes, updates all done, Bios latest version etc. ASUS Zenbook UX480FD, 2019 edition, new. 

1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Cascom,
May you share the full battery report?
This happened once? or every time?
Was there any update or modification before the issue occurred?
Thank you.