Star III
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Regular
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am having battery life issue on so called power saving mode of ASUS i.e Whisper mode. I am getting 5 hours battery life (screenpad off) on edge video playback 720p. In comparison I am getting 10 hours battery life on Balanced mode with same operations. Consulted service centre few times. They have no answers. Have written mails to ASUS with no response from 8 months. If Whisper mode is the mist power efficient mode in ASUS laptops then why I am getting rhe worst battery life after switching to that mode. Can I anyone help?
29 REPLIES 29

Falcon_ASUS
kapilharmilapi

screenshot-20220330-175310-gallery.jpg

I have attached screenshot of the official ASUS SUPPORT page, wherein they have clearly mentioned about WHISPER MODE as power saving mode on which u get all day battery life. (Atleast better than Balanced mode).

View post
@kapilharmilapi
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

kapilharmilapi
Star III
Ok dear..will wait

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kapilharmilapi meanwhile can you check the lower screen when on battery power if you are looking a page with a dark background, the contents sharpness, color gamut and brightness will change automatically and if you instantly switch to a white background you can feel it getting brighter every 2-3 second

Falcon_ASUS
kapilharmilapi

Ok dear..will wait

View post
@kapilharmilapi
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Please confirm when setting balance mode or whisper mode in Myasus app. What is the status of the battery in the lower right corner after removing the AC? (Please provide screenshots.)
2. The brightness of your LCD screen. (Please provide screenshots.)
3. The version of MyASUS app and ASUS System Control Interface (ASCI) Driver.
4. The detail version of the OS.
Thank you.

kapilharmilapi
Star III
I am attaching you all the required screenshots in the numbered ordered. File name of the image shows the required information. 4 screenshots in total, 1st image shows: Started at 79% on Whisper mode with YouTube video playback on edge main screen, 50% battery after 1.30 hrs on Whisper mode. 29% used in just 1.30 hrs (Screenpad is off).
2nd image shows Brightness level & Battery percentage on Balanced mode. (This is just before switching over to Whisper mode)
3rd image shows MY ASUS APP & ASCI Versions.
4th image shows OS version