This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook 17 Fold UX9702AA, clean install Windows Hello doesn't work.

darktears31
Star III

Hi,

My company requires a full wipe of the OS to be able to access company resources. Everything is working but Windows Hello. Device Manager shows an error with Camera Sensor OV01A1S and Intel Visual Sensing Controlling Device which I suspect is the Windows Hello part.

I'm up to date everywhere and I installed all the drivers on the Support page (including the camera).

Edition Windows 11 Enterprise
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎13/‎2023
OS build 22621.1105
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I was dealing with another support person, so I thought I didn't need to reply to you.

Anyway for the community, in order to fix the bug I first reported make sure to install the drivers Version V63.22000.3.9848 for the camera. Anything else won't likely work on a clean install of Windows.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

darktears31
Star III

Uninstalling the drivers and removing the devices from the Device Manager did not help, even after reboot. I believe the IR drivers of Windows Hello are simply missing. Asus Support is not super helpful.

darktears31
Star III

Clearly OV01A1S is related to Windows Hello per https://www.ovt.com/products/ov01a1s-ga5a/

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello,  darktears31  and thank you for reaching out.

Please try to install the graphic driver from the support page of the official website first, then install the camera driver, and then confirm to see if the problem you describe can be eliminated.

Thank you.

This didn't work either.

I uninstalled all the camera and display adapter from the device manager. Also clicked the remove driver option so nothing would be left behind. Rebooted the machine, I was on the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter for the graphic and the camera wasn't listed in Device Manager. I'm seeing two ? in the Unknown Device. I proceeded and installed the Graphic Driver from the website of Asus first and then rebooted. Device Manager now lists  Xe Graphics as the Graphic Adapter. Then I installed the Camera driver from the website and rebooted. The camera is recognized and working just fine. Now Windows Hello is still disabled and I'm left with one ? unknown device in Device Manager.

If I run Windows Update then it downloads the Intel CCG Driver and then we're back to square one.