Did you mean: 

4k@60Hz via USB-C not working

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: 4k@60Hz via USB-C not working
Model: Asus ZenBook Pro ux580ge
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by mr.oleg.shabanov on 2020/4/2 15:54 1) I use USB-C-to-HDMI converter to plug my external 4k display, but it only works at 4k@30. Both converter and display do support 4k@60Hz and both work fine with another hardware. Laptop's manual (model: ZenBook Pro ux580ge) also says that both usb-c port do support external displays. Your official site says that usb-c ports support thunderbolt 3, 40 gb/s and two external 4k displays. Why 4k@60Hz not working? 2) What is the HDMI version on my laptop? Official site and manual both have no answer. Some reviews on the Internet say that HDMI is 1.4 only. It's strange, because my external display show 4k@60Hz when connected to the laplop's HDMI port using hdmi-hdmi cable (without any converters). How can it be? Thanx a lot
4 REPLIES 4

darktears31
Star III
I have a thunderbolt 3 hub from CalDigit and 4K@60hz works just fine.

darktears31

I have a thunderbolt 3 hub from CalDigit and 4K@60hz works just fine.

View post
On my laptop 4K@60hz works fine from HDMI port (without hub or converter) or from USB-C/thunderbolt3 port with USB-C-to-miniDP converter. But it shows only @30 from USB-C/thunderbolt3 port with USB-C-to-HDMI converter. No support from ASUS.

darktears31
Star III
Well you need to make sure your USB-C-to-HDMI converter is HDMI 2.0+ compliant otherwise you won't get 4K@60Hz.

darktears31

Well you need to make sure your USB-C-to-HDMI converter is HDMI 2.0+ compliant otherwise you won't get 4K@60Hz.

View post
Absolutely sure the converter is 2.0. It's BASEUS ENJOYMENT SERIES TYPE-C TO HD4K+PD HUB CONVERTOR (CAHUB-W0G) tested by the Baseus local dealer on the other hardware (another windows laptop).