This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The audio on my new M7600RE laptop keeps cutting out intermittently.

xyzt70
Star I

I bought this laptop just a month ago: Vivobook Pro 16X and I've been having this issue with it since I bought it.

Whenever a video is playing, the audio keeps cutting out for a few seconds then coming back.

This happens on HDMI (connected to a TV) and also when playing directly on the laptop.

I installed all of the latest drivers and updates in the MyAsus app and it still happens.

The frequency of the issue is once every 2-3 minutes. Restarting the browser sometimes helps.

Can I please get some help?

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@xyzt70
If you play MP3 music files instead of playing videos through the browser, does the problem still exist?
Also, have you tried reinstalling the audio driver?
Thank you.

[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Sound (Speakers/Microphones) problems
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015070/ 

xyzt70
Star I

@Falcon_ASUS

It happens on Netflix and Disney+ not on mp3 files.
Also happens way more often if I use a usb-c to hdmi cable to connect my laptop to the tv.

I update ALL of the drivers to the latest from the laptop's support page and it's still happening intermittently and I have to restart to fix it.

@xyzt70 
Does this issue only occur when an external monitor is connected?
If there is no external monitor and you play a video using the built-in screen, does the issue still occur?
If it is confirmed that the issue occurs when playing a video on the built-in screen without an external monitor connected.
Based on your current description, it is possible that the system has encountered an error. We would suggest that you backup your data and then recovery the system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

xyzt70
Star I

@Falcon_ASUS It's finally working well. I fixed it by installed the latest laptop's chipset driver from AMD's official website (just downloaded the autodetect and install executable and ran the setup)

The one on the laptop's driver page is older (2022/07/21) and buggy: Vivobook Pro 16X OLED (M7600, AMD Ryzen 6000 Series)|Laptops For Creators|ASUS Global

It has to be updated to the one for the AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX from here: AMD Drivers and Support | AMD