This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange squeaking noises and laptop unresponsiveness

nnaattkkaapp
Star I

Good morning. Today while watching YouTube on Chrome my laptop Asus Vivobook purchased half a year ago it stopped playing the video and publishing it the sound is quite low, like a squeaking sound. It was very strange. The sound does not go away for a long time. There was no stopping it because no button or combination of buttons does it worked. Only after holding the button for a long time switch the laptop turns off and finally stops make this sound. I take better care of this laptop than I do myself, I clean it regularly and it has never fallen off nothing has ever been spilled on him. I use it as intended and yet it happens quickly broke down..No one was present during this incident no aggravating program running There were only 3 Chrome windows. Two YouTube and Gmail I'm asking for help because I can't work and I have one lots of projects. Have a nice day 😊

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@nnaattkkaapp 
May I know the complete model of the laptop you are using?
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to check the model name and BIOS version
If you restart the laptop, does the issue improve?
Since you are encountering issues while running Chrome, I suggest removing Chrome, reinstalling it, and confirming whether the graphics card driver & BIOS is updated to the latest version. Thank you.

I will try with that. Yesterday and two days ago my Windows had updates, but I will try check the card driver and BIOS.

My laptop model:

Notebook PC X1500E

1000002782.jpg

@nnaattkkaapp
Has the issue occurred again? 
We also recommend referring to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Sound (Speakers/Microphones) problems

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.