Star I
System: ASUS
Battery or AC: battery
Model: X555LAB
Frequency of occurrence: every time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Ran "WIndows Memory Diagnostic" tool and it reported: "Hardware problems were detected. To identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacturer". The system has 4GB of RAM and appears to behaving normally but I'd like to resolve this problem before the system starts failing. As I understand it, the 4GB RAM cannot be replaced but another RAM module can be added. Is there a way to disable to 4GB of on-board RAM and run off an upgrade RAM module? Is there a way to resolve the existing problem without adding another RAM module?
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello denver,
If you have concern about the RAM issue, please kindly send the device to our service center for further examination.
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
5381denver@gmail.com
  1. System: ASUS
  2. Battery or AC: battery
  3. Model: X555LAB
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Ran "WIndows Memory Diagnostic" tool and it reported: "Hardware problems were detected. To identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacturer". The system has 4GB of RAM and appears to behaving normally but I'd like to resolve this problem before the system starts failing. As I understand it, the 4GB RAM cannot be replaced but another RAM module can be added. Is there a way to disable to 4GB of on-board RAM and run off an upgrade RAM module? Is there a way to resolve the existing problem without adding another RAM module?

memory diagnostic failure
increase virtual memory size, that means, increase page size to 24GB