This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow uploads of text file type for reporting errors

TD47
Star II
Things like CBS windows logs, or WER reports can have a lot of text in them, but are useful for reporting bugs or errors for discussion. Adding text inline to the discussion can make the post hard to read and unwieldy.
Currently, it seems that ZenTalk discussion software ONLY allows for image file types, that may not convey the technical internal error content, and therefore can hinder the ability for reviewers to know where to concentrate the diagnostic efforts to propose solution, or to pass anything useful up the chain to the developers.
I feel that opening up the upload function to .TXT .LOG and .ZIP file types will improve the usefulness of your support forum.
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
TD47

Things like CBS windows logs, or WER reports can have a lot of text in them, but are useful for reporting bugs or errors for discussion. Adding text inline to the discussion can make the post hard to read and unwieldy.

Currently, it seems that ZenTalk discussion software ONLY allows for image file types, that may not convey the technical internal error content, and therefore can hinder the ability for reviewers to know where to concentrate the diagnostic efforts to propose solution, or to pass anything useful up the chain to the developers.

I feel that opening up the upload function to .TXT .LOG and .ZIP file types will improve the usefulness of your support forum.

Allow uploads of text file type for reporting errors
At present, you can zip folder of all required contents and upload it in an online storage service, say Asus web storage or google drive, and paste the shared link here.

Below your suggestion is most welcome
""I feel that opening up the upload function to .TXT .LOG and .ZIP file types will improve the usefulness of your support forum.""