VolodesiStrange about the FPS. I can hit 60, 90 FPS consistently. I have been playing COD mobile and have been without any problems though as you mention, the CPU does not lock in at max speed. Mine varies almost like the governor is set to On Demand (i.e. when the CPU resource is needed at that time). I guess this is the response to people complaining about low on-screen time when playing on their phones.
A lot of my games are running pretty bad since A11 latest (Earlier builds weren't like this). Most of them are capped to 30 FPS and the phone is somehow struggling to even hit that. Looking at Game Genie - The clock speed is always stuck at 826 MHz.
I've tried restarting the phone, clearing cache of different apps/system, and removing the app from Crate and re-adding.
X Mode not locking to 2.96 since A11
Am listing down the problems to be fixed and features to be added for users simplicity.
Am on latest firmware i.e .190 (A11)
- X mode settings in armoury crate doesnt apply to games. For example i have set Pokémon unite game cpu frequency at 2.4 ghz and when i launch game and check, it shows 825 mhz and keeps fluctuating in between 825 mhz to 2.97 ghz. On A10, there was a different problem and i think this is interrelated somehow. On A10 when i setup my xmode to level 1 and cpu at 2.4ghz and when i strt the game and check the cpu freq in game genie, it didnt show me 2.4ghz freq, it was very lower than 1.8 ghz. I.e 875mhz or something. I tried on various games with different xmode levels and frequencies but still the same issue. The only thing that worked was, if u setup xmode level to level 3 then the game genie showed the correct cpu frequency which is chosen by user i.e if i select 2.4 ghz it displays 2.4ghz or if i chose 1.8ghz , it displays 1.8 ghz . But for level 1 or level 2, it didnt seem to work properly.
- feature to select and delete multiple contacts.
- feature to turn led light to green when battery is charged to the limit set by user. for example if i set charge limit at 80% then when my phone charges to 80% the led should turn green notifing the user that phone is charged. the current led stays at red and i get confused lots of time thinking that my phone is still charging, making me leave it for a while.
- Virus defination update option in "privacy and security" . Since the option is not there yet, does that mean we dont have an antivirus protection now? bcuz i couldnt find anywhere about avast antivirus being mentioned in privacy and security.
- Surfing Chrome is both smooth and jittery sometimes. Idk whats the problem. It runs smooth at interface but jitters on some web links while scrolling.
- Option to create new blank window on homescreen. Also there is an option to change font color at home screen but there isnt any option available to set it for all apps/app drawer
- Option to hide "battery saving mode turned on" notification and "charging limit set" notification in notification panel. A small icon on status bar is sufficient to notify user about it.
- Ghost Touch appears out of blue. It doesnt occur frequently, but its there. (Am damn sure my hands were dry and clean when it happened). The only solution that works for me is locking and unlocking my phone. After doing this, ghosttouch issue disappears instantly and appears who knows when. This ghosttouch issue is being on rog firmware since a9. And am disappointed to know that its still not fixed. Its impossible to record it bcuz screen gets unresponsive when it happens. I have even logged my phone when it happened on a9 and submitted it. But its still there, way back from a9 to a11.
- Themes are not system wide applied or end to end. Am sure @ARP_ASUS noted it. But what i want to know is even if u fix it, will it really apply on system apps and system hints which still displays in orange theme? despite of any theme chosen??? for example mobile manager app and autostrt manager>Notice, slider in app drawer etc still displays in orange color
- It would be wonderful if there were more live wallpaper animations which react to xmode enabling/disabling.
Thats it. Everything is working perfect for me.
Thanks for buttery smooth A11.
Bugs to be fixed and some necessary features to be added for ROG 2.
Strange about the FPS. I can hit 60, 90 FPS consistently. I have been playing COD mobile and have been without any problems though as you mention, the CPU does not lock in at max speed. Mine varies almost like the governor is set to On Demand (i.e. when the CPU resource is needed at that time). I guess this is the response to people complaining about low on-screen time when playing on their phones.
I have already done a factory reset (not for this problem) on the latest version 18.0210.2111.190. It will be interesting to see why this has happened though it doesn't affect me (well it does, but I don't feel/see the effects).