This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?

kalyanvarma10
Star I
When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?
83 REPLIES 83

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

ok, fair enough, Android 10 do offer some features that I know you're waiting for and of course you want the latest security update. My point is that the reason why you're still waiting is not because we're lazy or that we do not care. We're working as fast as we can with the resources we have while trying to make as many people happy as possible. We can't make everyone happy but I'm pretty sure all ROG Phone II customers will be happy soon as the release is quite close 😉

View post
Yes , maybe people are complaining that asus is lazy because they might be as disappointed as me after waiting for months and must be excited for new features and security patches too . I'm happy to hear that it's move forward from the corner and is now closer haha , how close is it? Please can you tell us, it will be satisfying to wait for a date than waiting for no end number of days.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
asaniket03

When Asus going to realise android 10 ? #asus y so lazy ??

Asus pls clearly say about update
I can feel you.brother, the only thing we know is that it is closer now mybe very close as told by the mods . So keep on checking the update on daily basis or maybe in hours just like me , what if we get lucky any day or time. . #itsdifficulttopassthetime #android10please

Kanu
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

ok, fair enough, Android 10 do offer some features that I know you're waiting for and of course you want the latest security update. My point is that the reason why you're still waiting is not because we're lazy or that we do not care. We're working as fast as we can with the resources we have while trying to make as many people happy as possible. We can't make everyone happy but I'm pretty sure all ROG Phone II customers will be happy soon as the release is quite close 😉

View post
Rog 2 has so much extra features that bugs are going to be there and so i understand about the delay for A10. There's accessories, rgb light, 2nd usb and more. But security updates is not difficult to provide. That should be taken care of next time ( i mean the next update after a10.) It shouldn't be that now we get January security patch and then wait till april or may for next one because you say security update will come with whole system update. That's a bit ridiculous. Security updates should be provided regularly

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Shivam Dahiya

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44444#Comment_44444

Yes , maybe people are complaining that asus is lazy because they might be as disappointed as me after waiting for months and must be excited for new features and security patches too . I'm happy to hear that it's move forward from the corner and is now closer haha , how close is it? Please can you tell us, it will be satisfying to wait for a date than waiting for no end number of days.

View post
I wish I could give you a date but there's always a risk that we find a new bug right before our deadline which so important that we need to push the date. Even if it only pushes the date by a couple of days, I would have threads and threads asking where the update is.
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44444#Comment_44444

Rog 2 has so much extra features that bugs are going to be there and so i understand about the delay for A10. There's accessories, rgb light, 2nd usb and more. But security updates is not difficult to provide. That should be taken care of next time ( i mean the next update after a10.) It shouldn't be that now we get January security patch and then wait till april or may for next one because you say security update will come with whole system update. That's a bit ridiculous. Security updates should be provided regularly

View post
It's true that is easier to push out updates now since we don't need to do it as a FOTA but security updates still require work to make sure they don't create any bugs and since A9 and A10 are different, we would need to do the same work twice. Which would have pushed back the A10 update even more ?

deeplyyoung
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS take your own time to arrange the stable... No hurries... I can understand how difficult it is to arrange A10 for ROG 2 which is really not a normal device like others, I know cuz I have ported Roms for my existing devices and fully aware how much time consuming it is, how much hard work it takes to get any stable Rom...
I'm way much happy to have A10 beta in my device which is nearly perfect just need some minor bug fix...
Thanks once again for such a superb device which is on top on my all existing devices..