This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to block internet for apps

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Hi all, I have disabled internet for an app but internet is still accessible and the app is showing ads. Attached video for clarity.
Disabled internet didn't help
Clearing app cache didn't help
Restarting phone didn't help
I don't want to use any third party apps to block internet for apps. Could someone help?
@LP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
What happens if you turn off the internet completely on your device and try to run the app? I have a feeling it will run an ad no matter what, and that if you clicked on it you would find the phone notifying you that the network is disabled.
This seems to be app specific behavior.
Are you saying that you have disabled the app via Wi-Fi and mobile data, and that it continues to use data on its own? It used 39MB without your permission?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sathishinsat2

Hi all, I have disabled internet for an app but internet is still accessible and the app is showing ads. Attached video for clarity.

Disabled internet didn't help

Clearing app cache didn't help

Restarting phone didn't help

I don't want to use any third party apps to block internet for apps. Could someone help?

@LP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/054/F7UAUJ2GQYCJ.mp4

Thanks.

Unable to block internet for apps
I'm guessing you disabled the app on the 11th and that the complaint is that the app is still showing ads now that you have disabled all data.
What you're seeing is cached ads and they will run indefinitely until the app/game gets internet access again to download new ads.
The very first thing this app/game will do when you start it if you're not in flight mode, is to download ads. Reinstalling the app won't help because they save their ads in temporary folders elsewhere in the system.
So it's very important for new apps/games where you don't want ads to show, that you disable their access before you open the app. It only needs a couple of seconds to download and you probably won't find where it downloaded the ads to

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15546/unable-to-block-internet-for-apps

I'm guessing you disabled the app on the 11th and that the complaint is that the app is still showing ads now that you have disabled all data.

What you're seeing is cached ads and they will run indefinitely until the app/game gets internet access again to download new ads.

The very first thing this app/game will do when you start it if you're not in flight mode, is to download ads. Reinstalling the app won't help because they save their ads in temporary folders elsewhere in the system.

So it's very important for new apps/games where you don't want ads to show, that you disable their access before you open the app. It only needs a couple of seconds to download and you probably won't find where it downloaded the ads to

View post
@Anders_ASUS , it is not the cached ads. App is showing new ads at the end of each level of the game. So it means app still has access to internet.

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS , attached few more screen shots for the app still has access to internet. You can see the Amazon ads in the bottom of the page keeps changing. Could you help to block the internet.
9ALAVS716PIP.jpg
ZTP92K05OCBZ.jpg