This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two devices listed for the same rog2. Find my device

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Global 12/512gb rog phone 2. Republic of gamers edition. Not rooted. Just Re-installed the raw firmware package and got the latest fota shortly afterwards. I've had 2 listing for the exact same rog 2 on the "find my device" app. Sketches me out because I'm worried it means my device has been cloned. My neighbor is super sketch so that just adds to it. Why would this happen? Do I have any reason to worry or am I just being paranoid. Here's a screenshot of the two listings. Anyone who who can tell me what's going on is greatly appreciated. And yes I'm the one who named the device listing in question RoGmOtHeRf*cKiNGpHoNe😂🤔
p-20210410-064028.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162183#Comment_162183

I log on to my Google account today and see this under devices. "Both" devices are listed despite the fact that I've changed my password 5 times and done a raw firmware re-install since my rog 2 was named "RoGmOtHeRfUcKiNGpHoNe" and it's showing up under my devices. Might I add this is the very first time I have ever seen it listed in my Google account. Just the find my device app

screenshot-20210417-060458.jpg

View post
Press on the 3 dots and log out.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163197#Comment_163197

Press on the 3 dots and log out.

View post
I did exactly that and about a week ago the device named RoGmOtHeRfUcKiNgPhOnE was back on my Google account. Listed as a asus rog phone 2. I don't know much actually I don't know anything about phone cloning but would that happen if someone did that? Because it's really starting to appear that way

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kyleashcraft86

Global 12/512gb rog phone 2. Republic of gamers edition. Not rooted. Just Re-installed the raw firmware package and got the latest fota shortly afterwards. I've had 2 listing for the exact same rog 2 on the "find my device" app. Sketches me out because I'm worried it means my device has been cloned. My neighbor is super sketch so that just adds to it. Why would this happen? Do I have any reason to worry or am I just being paranoid. Here's a screenshot of the two listings. Anyone who who can tell me what's going on is greatly appreciated. And yes I'm the one who named the device listing in question RoGmOtHeRf*cKiNGpHoNe😂🤔

p-20210410-064028.jpg

Two devices listed for the same rog2. Find my device
Sorry about the late reply. Please have a look at this forum
Duplicate devices - Google Account Community